The first part of this project was to find not covered needs and design opportunities around me, related to a topic up to me. I decided to observe and interview people in diet to discover how they knew what food could/should eat and how they got motivated.
The problems and opportunities found were the following:
- Lack of motivation to keep following the diet after the first days.
- People get tired of having just a few choices for each meal.
- Knowing if a given food is appropiate for the diet.
- Lack of time to cook. Need of finding specific recipes.
1. Created a point of view to guide me during all the process:
Without support and motivation, diets are a pain. Enhancements of mobile technology and Internet can be a great tool.
2. Produced storyboards to represent the context of use of the app:
3. Made sketches of the structure, picked one concrete direction to continue developing the idea and created several alternative rapid prototypes using Balsamiq Mockups.
4. After that, I made and received heuristic evaluations on those prototypes. With the feedback received I made the required modifications to improve them.
5. At this moment I was confident of being in the correct direction and that all the most relevant usability problems had been found and fixed, so I created an high-fidelity interactive prototype using Justinmind.
6. Later on, I produced an evaluation plan, made User Tests with 3 people using the previously created prototype (and another alternative one to compare), analysed the results and planned the next design iteration.
7. Finally, I added the changes motivated from the user tests in the app. The most important modification was the simplification of the sign-up process.